|Regular Member||Four-year college (or university) graduates with a major in welding and/or a related field, who support the aims and objectives of the KWJS, or those who are deemed to be equally or more qualified and are recommended by registered Regular Members of the KWJS.|
|Student Member||Undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in junior (or higher) colleges and are majoring in welding and/or a related field. These students must be recommended by their relevant professor of studies.|
|Special Member||Individuals, organizations or other entities that support the business activities of the KWJS.|
|Honorary Member||Individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the development of welding engineering and the related industrial field of welding, or who have provided remarkable support to the KWJS.|
How to Become a KWJS Member
Membership applications should be submitted online via the KWJS’ website homepage and are subject to compulsory internal review for approval. Arrangements must be made for the payment of both the enrolment and annual membership fees to the following:
- Woori Bank: A/C# 025-079710-01-001, A/C holder: Korean Welding and Joining Society
- Inquiries: +82-2-538-6512
Special Benefits for Members
- Free subscription to the Journal of KWJS.
- Priority access to submission of papers to the Journal of KWJS and to the KWJS collection of dissertations.
- Invitations to present research results during KWJS academic symposia.
- Priority gateway to participation in various symposia, lectures, workshops and research groups, with accompanying access to an extended scope of technical information.
- Appointment by KWJS as official Republic of Korea representatives at IIW events and other international scientific fora.
- Access to the KWJS awards scheme; qualified members can be recommended as candidates for KWJS awards by other public institutions.
- Discounted prices for all books published by the KWJS.
- Special access for consultation and/or purchase of materials published by the KWJS.
- Discounted registration fees for KWJS symposia, workshops and seminars.