Criteria and Application Process
Individuals and/or entities that support or sponsor the activities of the KWJS are eligible to apply for Special Membership. Applications must be submitted online to the KWJS, accompanied by an explanatory note. Acceptance of Special Membership applications are subject to a compulsory internal review.
Levels and Annual Membership Fees for Special Members
|Levels||Enrolment Fee||Annual Membership Fees||Eligibility|
|Premium 1||KRW500,000||KRW10,000,000 (or more)||Large-scale Companies (1)|
|Premium 2||KRW5,000,000 (or more)||Large-scale Companies (2)|
|Level 1||KRW300,000||KRW3,000,000 (or more)||SMEs (1)|
|Level 2||KRW250,000||KRW2,500,000 (or more)||SMEs (2)|
|Level 3||KRW150,000||KRW2,000,000 (or more)||SMEs (3)|
|Level 4||KRW150,000||KRW1,500,000 (or more)||SMEs (4)|
|Level 5||KRW100,000||KRW1,000,000 (or more)||SMEs (5)|
Special Benefits for Special Members
- Access to up-to-date information on international trends in welding/joining technologies.
- Free access to the KWJS database of all international standards related to welding.
- Recognition of KWJS Special Membership status even in certain international academic events, provided that the event-hosting countries are signatories to business agreements with the KWJS.
- Discounted entrance fees to symposia for executives and employees of entities with Special Membership status.
- Special Members in receipt of government-level awards are recommended as candidates for KWJS awards and for those granted by public institutions.
- Priority opportunities to submit papers to KWJS academic journals and/or the KWJS collection of dissertations and to present research at various symposia.
- Welding professionals affiliated to special corporate members are recommended as experts in other relevant associations.
- Preferential selection for the attribution of contracts for welding services or technological consultancy.
- Discounted advertising rates in the Journal of KWJS.
- Unlimited access to all materials issued and accumulated by the KWJS.
- Free availability of specialized books published by the KWJS.
- The KWJS supports the welding training of special corporate members via the provision of training experts.
- Access to qualification for the IIW Diploma and/or Certificate and other relevant technical education.
- Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Co. LTD.
- Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
- DSME Co. Ltd.
- HYUNDAI MOTO
- ESAB SeAH Corp.
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd.
- STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.
- Daehan Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.
- Sungdong Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Miyachi Korea Corp.
- Kepco Plant Service & Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co. Ltd.
- Laserline Korea Co. Ltd.
- Lloyd’s Register
- IS-Korea Co. Ltd.